Monday, April 4, 2022

C IS FOR CAREFUL

Celebrating my 2018 birthday long weekend on the shores of South Beach, Miami.
TAKEN: APRIL 2018

For the first time since November of 2019 and our memorable hiking of El Faro in Mazatlán Sinaloa, it is official: we are leaving on a jet plane this week.

With mandatory masking having ended in Ontario on Monday March 21st, and testing for fully vaccinated travelers gone April 1st, I am excited to report that I booked us on a last-minute five-day road trip down through the Florida Keys (flying in and out of Miami via Air Canada).

This trek has us renting a car and heading to the southernmost point in the United States, with the radio cranked and a vacation schedule packed tighter than the butt implants in Kim Kardashian's ass!

With the countdown on, I’m not sure what to expect heading into the States. Not wanting to open dialogue here about the last two years and how it was mandated or managed, I think I am just grateful that I can embrace my ingrained wanderlust again and spend my upcoming milestone birthday doing something we both love; soaking up some much needed Vitamin D. 

So much has changed since we last travelled, most importantly my husband health journey.

I'll be honest, for the last number of months we talked of several different locations in hopes we could travel in April, but access to great healthcare in close proximity to where we were staying was how it was finally decided to rent a car and drive down to Key West and back to Miami. 

Though we don't expect anything bad to happen, based on my research, I think we will be in good shape should we need it and getting either of us back to Canada should be much easier logistically. 

Am I nervous? Hell ya!! But our outlook is that this is going to be great fun, and something else we can check off our bucket list.

First up, an oceanfront room is Islamorada, then day two has us doing a jet ski tour around Key West. After that, we are off on foot like we were in New Orleans for French QuarterFest. 

As I'm sure you've all heard, it's always five o'clock somewhere in Margaritaville but for these five fun filled days, neither if us will be watching a clock.

Not to worry... We promise we will be very CAREFUL.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the sun and the fun and the warm beach!!! I hope that your jet ski tour is absolutely fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete