Wednesday, April 19, 2023

P IS FOR PUP(s) POEM

From left to right:
My beautiful Dottie on Toby's Rock (RIP July 2019) ~ Taken 2014
My Puddin' (RIP June 2022) & my Annie Banannie (11 years old October 2023) ~ Taken 2020
The amazing Miya (Born 4/9/21) and wee Katie (Born 12/5/2022) ~ Taken March 2023



Now I lay be down to sleep,
The king-sized bed is soft and deep.

I sleep right in the centre groove,
my human beings can hardly move.

I've trapped their legs, they're tucked in tight,
and here is where I'll pass the night.

No one disturbs me or dares to intrude,
'til morning comes and "I want food!"

I sneak up slowly to begin,
and nibble on my human's chin.

For morning's here, it's time to play,
I always seem to get my way.

So thank you Lord, for giving me,
this human person that I see.

The one who hugs me & holds me tight,
...And share their bed with me each night
                          
                                   ~AUTHOR UNKNOWN~

No comments:

Post a Comment