Friday, April 11, 2014

J IS FOR JAMAICA

For the second day in a row, I got to eat my lunch out in the sun. Hell, the UV rays were so spot on, that at high noon, when I opened our front door and sat on the sill, the aluminum was heated enough that my butt got very roasty n' toasty. 

I kid you not… I truly had one hot piece of ass at lunch today!

In keeping with that thought process, I find it hard to believe that we returned from Jamaica a little over a month ago. It feels like it's been a little over a year. Yet, instead of complaining, I’ll just count my blessings. I’m pretty sure I would have jumped off the bridge downtown by now had I not gotten on a plane this past winter.

Ah.... the memories. Jamaica is always a great idea!
SELFIE TAKEN: MARCH 1st, 2014
As I start to fill up my empty piggy bank for February 2015, Jamaica is on my mind.

I know it’s more expensive than a lot of other destinations in the Caribbean but once you arrive it truly is amazing.

We were there in 2012 and again this past winter and from the time we climbed into bed that very first night, we talked about returning a third time.

I love their culture and that the country (in general) love Canadians. There's no language barrier and for a very picky eater there's lots of flavours I truly enjoy. But, the one thing I love most about Jamaica is their attention to safe drinking water. The bottled water you drink comes from a Jamaican filtration plant and you can drink the water right out of the tap with confidence.

Seeing as I won't have a moments peace until our 2015 jaunt (out of the harsh Canadian winter) is booked, I have to ask. What's best winter holiday you've ever taken? 

I promise I'll report back. Because together, we'll leave no great Expedia deal unturned!!

YEEE-HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Dreams Riviera Cancun - best all-inclusive ever. We rarely left the resort - to a wedding at another property and to wander the beach. But I plan to go back once my life allows me a week off. Right now, anywhere with beach, sun, bartender, book would work just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa... Looking at Dream Punta Cana (because it was referred). I agree on the whole beach, sun, bartender line up... and not necessarily in that order!!

      Delete
  2. I haven't taken that many so probably Orlando. Jamaica sounds awesome though - we should try and make it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chad. I haven't been to Florida in a long time. I am an avid golfer, so South Carolina has been getting my Canadian dollars for year. Just so you know, Jamaica is ALWAYS a good idea!

    ReplyDelete