Friday, March 14, 2014

CRAP-A-DOODLE-DOO

Let The Melting Begin
Taken: March 14th, 2013
What a week. Reporting that it was genuinely in the toilet only scratches the surface. I felt like crap, there was bullshit everywhere I turned, and the driveway officially looks like a giant skid mark!

You may laugh but not only is the driveway comment the high point in that last paragraph, I have no qualms about how it appears. Truth is, it’s the only thing this week that helped remind me Spring is just around the corner. 

I didn't break for lunch until 2pm today, yet when I did, I forced myself to go outside with the pups. The sun was amazing and I could literally hear the snow melting. That in itself makes any and all other points moot.

Days like today always make me see and appreciate things more clearly. You know, with the road down to the bare pavement and the snow melting on the roof. Not to mention, that by using the back of the axe I could chip away some emotion as well as some ice to finally expose sections of the front deck I haven't seen since since last November.

What can I say? I am hard-wired to always look forward and never back. Guess that's why this time of year we are all meant to get the hell outside and  Spring Forward!

Believe ME... Today, I did exactly that.

No comments:

Post a Comment