Saturday, February 23, 2013

She's One Smart Cookie!


So I was sitting in my boss’s office late yesterday afternoon when all of a sudden he realized that one of our busier clients had arrived with guests. Bossman immediately dismissed our meeting and left his office.

After a minute or two, it became apparent that he wasn’t returning anytime soon. What did I do? Naturally, I followed him to find out what all the fuss is about. What can I say? Fuss I did find!

As I walked onto the showroom floor I heard Gary announce “and this is Rhondi…” He then opened his arms, gave me a great big hug and a kiss on the cheek (as he always does) then introduced me to his guests. WOW. All I got was the gentleman's name, and when he grabbed my hand to shake it I melted. The unexpected connection was instant.

I read somewhere that if a man is interested in what a woman has to say; he'll make eye contact for at least eight seconds.

Let's just say that in the non "Joey Tribbiani sense", that rule of thumb time lapse passed, and we had each others attention.

He was American and he had an accent; let's face it, I’m a sucker for an accent but it was more than that. 

It was his personal confidence. 

He wasn’t cocky nor arrogant and he seemed extremely genuine. The kicker; he made me laugh. I don't care who you are. Make me really laugh and you're GOLDEN. Easy on the eyes takes you to PLATINUM! This designer unconditionally offered me both.

Come on, I'm playing... And I am anything but naive.

When it comes to dealing with people, I generally deal with 95% men and 5% women. You have to get up pretty early in the morning to bring something to the pump that I haven't either seen or heard before. Let's just say I have a very effective "this is my space, this is your space" personal boundary in place. For whatever reason, I can spot a player a mile away (as I joke about yesterday and wipe the drool from my chin)!

Why am I reflective? I think because it was a spur of the moment encounter on a particularly good hair day. Right there; I don't know why my opinion of myself rushed to the superficial.

I know for a fact that my "instant chemistry man" was impressed with my intelligence as well as my and sense of humour. How do I know? The dialogue shifted quickly away from the needs of his wealthy client. Not to mention the added bonus of Gary announcing "listen to Rhondi... she's one smart cookie!"

Glass half full? At least he didn't call me a "TART..."

Let's face it, if we listen to Marty on main street, Muskoka is World Famous for those too!

Have a great weekend everyone...


No comments:

Post a Comment