Thursday, April 3, 2014

C IS FOR CAMARADERIE

What can I say? You either gravitate to that kind of energy or you don’t. Matter a fact, I am probably one of the few people I know that strive to surround myself with as much of it as much as possible. I consider it to be an essential balance in every single area of my life.

When I began dating my husband (almost thirty years ago) my mother was terminally ill. We've always had a  lot of natural chemistry but I believe we have stood the test of time part and parcel because of how well we get along. Hard times have always be overcome because we've always been the best of friends. 

From the very beginning, our life together has
always been filled with a love for sarcasm, humour and camaraderie!
Taken: June 2002
In my eyes, one of his most valued traits is his ability to make us all laugh. 

Intense by nature, he can make me laugh at the stupidest situations imaginable. Silly ones I may end up fixated on. Some days our mutual love of humour is what literally pulls me through.

With our children fully grown, it warms my heart to know that they have all embraced our philosophy. They love to laugh and live to nurture great friendships; with each other, extended family, co-workers and many facets of varying people. 

I must admit, as they were growing up, I'm confident that we were probably labelled the strictest parents. All these years later, I also know that when you flipped that disciplined coin, we've always been the most fun!

What can I say? The Peacock's LOVE FUN... It's how we roll!

9 comments:

  1. I also believe my relationship lasts because we genuinely enjoy each other's company and laugh all the time. :) Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you and thank you so very much for the props. I just stopped by your blog and ranted about my "rental sister". Read ya tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. Great story. I'm sure there were many days our daughters thought we were the worst parents on earth, but now that they're grown, they enjoy coming home and they enjoy vacationing with us, so I guess we weren't all that bad!
    Visiting from A to Z ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my husband and I have had those days too! I can tell by your A-Z topic that family is very important to you. Us as well!

      Delete
  3. My OH & I have been together for 22 years and it is the same, we make each other laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on your 22 years together. Were does the time go?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for visiting my blog, Rhondi

      Delete
  4. Fun is at the center of our family too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true. Any relations - romantic or not - benefits from the ability to make each other laugh! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete