Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Great Canadian Weekend

From the time I was a kid, Canada Day has always been something I've looked forward to and truly embrace celebrating.  Topping my personal leader board as my favourite statutory holiday, I am pleased to announce that this past weekend did not disappoint!

Nater, Staccs & Big D.
Missing? Gavin B.
Fireworks are over. Flip Cup Sing Along on deck!
Taken: LATE June 30th, 2013
Staci and her entourage arrived just in time for all the food that was waiting. A dozen strong, all were hungry and on a mission. We was ready!

I love being a Mom...

I know my role has changed a lot but I love the duty and cherish the title just the same. It never gets old.


Gavin B & with R
Taken: June 30th, 2013
With last weekend front of mind, I find it interesting how we have raised our children to embrace what we personally love most. In this instance/post, you may dismiss it as a National 'party at the cottage' excuse, but I can assure you that it's much bigger than that.

My children have been raised to know that this is our day. It celebrates the freedom we know as a country and the hope we have as a nation. It reinforces our desire for peace, and a respect for our natural resources and their amazing value. It celebrates our right to vote and gives us the ability to embrace our unconditional PRIDE. Canada Day reinforces to our children that they have a voice.

We, as Canadians, are known around the globe to be really great people. Our respect is earned because we are giving and gracious. On this specific holiday, every single one of us unconditionally stand a little taller, smile a little wider, and sing a little louder.... At least I know we do at The Peacock's Nest!

Happy Birthday Canada... 
"May our children teach their children to both embrace you and handle you with care. 
Let us pray that all others love you as you deserve to be loved forever and always."
~Rhondi St.Onge Peacock


Canada Day ~ Orillia Lake
Photo Credit: Jamie Peacock
Taken: July 1st, 2007






No comments:

Post a Comment