![]() |
| My Oreo Gang filling is all out of sorts. TAKEN: SEPTEMBER 5th, 2026 |
We picked her up from our breeder
on August 21st at our veterinarian’s office after she was awarded a
clean bill of health. We paid the remaining funds we owed and brought her home
to the big dogs. Neither were impressed, and both avoided her at all costs.
For the first couple of weeks, we
stayed in town but headed to the cottage on the weekend. The puppy adapted well
to all of her life changes, but unfortunately Katie Kate did not. She hated
her!
Personally, I feel that she was
worried she would lose her place because she became extremely needy and somewhat
lethargic. If I didn’t know any better, I think she may be suffering from a bout
of the “new puppy blues.”
The other impacting factor was Katie refused to stick up for herself and put the new dog in her place. As a result, Lucinda bullied her and would chew the side of Kate’s neck until it bled.
Miya nipped all of that in the bud within the first week. In no uncertain terms did the little one not know that she was behind Miya in the pack hierarchy; and I was fine with her setting that tone.
Other than Katie taking longer to adjust, I am really happy with my choice to put the Oreo Gang back together. The only hard part is that 90% if time, I find the filling hiding in the ensuite shower and the cookiea=s chiling on the bed as one happpy pack.

No comments:
Post a Comment