Sunday, March 22, 2015

MY VIEW FROM HERE...

After a good jump on spring cleaning this morning, I decided to take the pups and trek into the cottage this afternoon. We’ve had such a long and shitty winter that I’d gotten in the habit of heading over to the golf course with them, rather than packing them into the car for their favourite jaunt. Truth of the matter is, I've only walked in to check on my favourite place once since ringing in the New Year there almost three months ago.

A couple of things have me hopeful that it’s going to be an early cottage season. Firstly, because they weren't needed, I left my snowshoes in the trunk of the car. Secondly, after walking in, when I got to the top of the stairs, I immediately noticed was the red steel roof was shining bright; cleared of its winter blanket. That vision right there is something I look forward to each and every spring. Simply makes me all warm 'n fuzzy inside.

I spy with my little eye... A GREAT 2015 Cottage season!
TAKEN: March 22nd, 2015


Standing on the deck outside the upstairs bedroom I couldn't help but admire how much has melted, as a result, my imagination ran away with me. I could envision the pups jumping in off the dock. I could hear the May showers hitting the steel roof and I could see me curled up in bed with my newest book. I could smell bacon cooking in the cast iron fry pan (on the BBQ) on the deck below and could feel my thumbs texting my kids, reminding them exactly what they were missing.

I don’t know what it is about the place but as silly as it sounds it's a part of who I've evolved into. I know they say that you should never get attached to Real Estate, so I suppose my only response to that would be… 

WHEN the hell have I ever made some else's opinion my own?! ? 

EXACTLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment