Friday, February 6, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUKEBOX

♫♪♫ Happy Birthday Dear Jukebox... Happy Birthday To Youuuu ♫♪♫
TAKEN: DECEMBER 25th, 2014
Well, my baby is celebrating the anniversary of his birth today!

As I look forward to cookin’ him a kickass dinner and sharing a glass of wine with him, I can’t help but reminisce about the day he was born. All these years later, that welcome day still remains one of the happiest of my life.

Funny Story: The night before he was born, my husband had a basketball game. I never missed attending because I use to time and score all of his games. At the Half, on that fateful February 5th, I felt myself going into labour. Scared, I remember approaching my husband with my news, only to have him say “OK… But you’re gonna be able to finish scoring the game right?” I can still see the look on his face. It wasn't that he was going to be a Dad, it’s that they were winning and he desperately wanted the stat!

Well, suffice is to say, that I held on and finished the game. We arrived at the hospital shortly after midnight; but my future personal Jukebox wasn't nearly ready to greet the world. He didn’t arrive until the following day at 4:29pm. He was perfect. My husband immediately named him in the operating room and we began our life long journey as a family.

Which brings us to today. I know what you're thinking. He's awfully tall for a toddler, right?. Well, first of all, he gets his height from his father and secondly... his mother will never be any older than twenty nine, so deal with it!

Joking aside, join me is wishing this amazingly talented man a very Happy Birthday. 

For the first time in 365 days I'll be the one singing to him tonight...Instead of vice-versa!

No comments:

Post a Comment