Tuesday, September 18, 2012

How Do Ya Like Me Now?

Again, my opening sentence is that I work with men. As a confident woman, I am proud that I don’t have a bunch of different personalities I parade around for the benefit of others. What you see, read, hear, is what you get. 

I would like to point out that at least once a week, I willingly disclose (to a varying number of the gentlemen I work with) that I am "unequivocally the single biggest bitch you will ever meet in your entire life." It generally makes them laugh but there is some serious truth to my statement.                                                        

Don't believe me? I'll prove it. Let's make a list.

Am I opinionated? Check. Am I stubborn? Check. Am I painfully sarcastic with a flair for condescension? Check check and check! 

Babe In Total Control of Herself?  Not in time HENS!
I'll admit that in this particular situation I was awful and my words have me painted into a corner. I am not making excuses but I wanted to be heard so badly it hurt. When that didn't happen, I just simply took my pail and shovel and went home. Definitely not one of my shining moments but at the end of the day a choice.

All of that said, I literally understand risk and reward better than most. At this point I figure I will just concede, suck it up, and move on.

I'm sure I will look back wishing there was some big scrabble word I could have used to describe my behaviour. Instead of reaching for it; I know I'll just skip my turn, change my tiles, and take the penalty.

Too bad really because this is the first time in my entire life I am moving forward with doubt...


No comments:

Post a Comment