Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Monty Python says "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life..."


Do you know that old saying; ‘some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to?’  Suffice is to say, I am definitely the latter.

Today I awoke determined to have a great day and I am pleased to report that I did. I don’t know about you, but I believe that a great day comes from within.

For me, when I wake in the morning, I choose the colour I want to feel, and let my day proceed. Knowing today was going to be a big day, when I got up in the morning (as expected) I was 'fire engine red'. You know the mood, unstoppable! 

Walking to work this morning, a song began to play into my headphones (Monty Python's 'Always Look On The Bright Side of Life'). Listening to it cranked as I walked, not only did it have me walking a little faster, it had me smiling a little brighter. There was definitely a certain skip in my step! 

For those of you that don’t know, I am in the high end construction industry. As I’ve mentioned before, I am in a leadership role, more importantly I really love what I do for a living. Did you know it is proven that people rarely succeed at what they do in life, if they don’t have fun doing it? I agree 120%.

Anyway, as my day is ending (and I climb into my jammies) I am the first to admit that certain elements of today were very much 'glass half empty'. That said, throughout the day, I was quick to shrug them off and remind myself that “it takes both rain and sun to make a rainbow”.  

Never, EVER, lose sight of the fact that I'm always grateful for the rain. Rain, combined with my personal outlook and perspective, will always make my true colours really shine. 

That's because I strive to shine bright every time.... That's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment