Wednesday, October 16, 2024

A TABLE FOR TEN

As I finished cleaning up, I realized that 
I never took a single photo.
(You can spy my shadow taking this one in the glass.)
TAKEN: OCTOBER 12th, 2024

This past weekend, my travel buddy hubby and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner. Not a real news breaking headline, except for the fact that it had been the first time we’d hosted since 2008.

Part of the reason was for the last number of years we’ve always been away traveling. (When you only get a certain number of vacation days a year, the long weekends become your friend.) The other's that my father in law absolutely loves to host and cook for a house full.

The planning started about three weeks ago when I asked my sister how she would be celebrating. When she said she wouldn't be, I asked if she wanted me to come get her for the weekend. When she said yes, everything else just sort of fell into place.

Usually a table of more that twenty at Christmas, had us setting for an expected table for twelve; which ended up as a last minute table for ten.

Of course, I had to get twinkle lights and stock up on tea lights. Fresh fall flowers were also on my 'must have' list, as well as some very sexy fall table scatter. I don't know about you, but I absolutely love a nicely decorated table. 

The best Thanksgiving decoration of all? The fun, comedic banter, and great family energy we always share when we break bread!

That, and whom was sitting around our table this year, is what I am most thankful for. 

Their unconditional support during this very trying time means the world to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment