Saturday, April 3, 2021

C IS FOR CAMERA

From the April A-Z Blogging archives.

This was originally posted April 3rd, 2013


From a very young age I have always enjoyed photography. 

In high school I use to take pictures with a 35mm Canon my older brother had bought my parents for Christmas;  but if recollection serves me correctly, it was after my mother passed in 1987 that the bug really took hold of me.

April 3rd, 2013 - CAMERA
Taken: March 29th, 2013
The photo I am posting was taken this past Easter weekend while I was out for a toot around the Muskoka Lakes.

When I pulled into the landing (as an avid swimmer) I was thinking my C post was going to be C-C-C-COLD.

As I approached the water (and the colours were so vibrant) my thought process shifted to  CHAIRS.

As I crouched to take this photo, all the bells and whistles went off in my head. 

Ding Ding Ding CAMERA had won the coin toss!

Funny how things happen. I had a friend take a picture of his family in these very chairs and share it with me. 

It was an amazing photo. In fact, I thought of him in the moment as my shutter closed.

I couldn't help but reflect on what a difference the lapse of seasons makes to a setting. When he snapped his photo, the buzz would have been energizing. 

When I snapped mine, I was totally alone in my thoughts. His was picture of sheer camaraderie, mine is one of chosen solitude.

His defined the summer excitement in Muskoka. 

Mine? 

That my intimate spring picture at the landing was worth a very different thousand words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment