Tuesday, December 31, 2019

REMEMBERING 2019

Most Significant Moment: 
The unexpected and very tragic passing of my sister in law Pamela Peacock.
She passed October 28th, 2019 and was only 39 years old. 
Pictured here in the middle, may this beautiful face, forever rest in peace.

My year in the rear view!
TAKEN: Throughout 2019
January:  My renovation project 'Popcorn Ceiling Begone' got underway. It lasted three months and the next floor gets underway again in January 2020. 
February: Spent an amazing week walking the miles of beach in Cayo Coco, Cuba.
March: My Spotti Dotti and her best friend by the bonfire. (Her very favourite thing to do!)
April: My birthday trip to New York City. It was amazing having my son as my tour guide and seeing Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden.
May: Took a Mommy/Daughter weekend trip to New Orleans, Louisiana. Here she is on Bourbon Street!!
June: My beloved Toronto Raptors won the 2019 NBA title.
July: The very difficult decision was made to allow Dot to finally sleep easy and rest in peace.
August: Spent the majority of this month and next living with the pups at the cottage. The solitude was exactly what I needed.
September: Played hostess for our company's bi-annual team building fishing trip on the west end of Lake Nippissing.
October: Was sickened by the entire federal election campaign bullshit that took place.
November: During my week long vacation I hiked to the top to the El Faro Lighthouse in Mexico
December: A whirlwind month that finally slowed down on Christmas Eve. Marking, what will hopefully be, a couple of new traditions.

Bullet points aside, this past year had me dealing with serious illness, the loss of several cherished loved ones, as well as a fur baby. 

I think a combination of all of the events is why now, more than ever, I am going to try not to focus my energy on others that aren't going to enhance my personal life and my loved ones around me for the better. 

As I have written here before, I believe sometimes all people need is a hand to hold, an ear to listen, and a heart to understand them. I think that is going to be my motto for the next year and surround myself accordingly.

Welcome 2020. 

Let's make it one of the best ones yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment