Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Frick 'n Frack Are Back!

Though she was in a hurry, I did manage to chat with Staci before she left for a typical seasonal Monday night in Muskoka. Yup, Frick 'n Frack and the gang were off to get into mischief. It really is kinda neat that after all these years they're still such a very close group. Public School, High School, Post-Secondary school behind them, their gang is still a pack: Tightly knit and fiercely loyal.

Anyway, after a good night sleep, I awoke and headed down to my office to greet my day. When I logged onto my Facebook, my heart dropped; “Bitch who pushed me off the stage and broke my wrist... f*ck you!!!!”

Frick n' Frack before Grade 9 Spring Formal - My Babies.
Taken: April 2008
I knew they'd taken the bus to The Kee to Bala for Resort Night, but could this be true?

Without a word of a lie, here was my immediate thought process.

1) Holy shit! She’s broken her wrist!

2) Where the hell was David and the Gang?

3) Nice Facebook status update Stacccs; enough with the F-Bombs already!

Seriously? WTF! I have no idea where she gets it?! I'm pretty sure it's her father but the jury is still out.

Joking aside, one sling and a cast later, here's the story. It turns out Frick was being accosted (punched in the face repeatedly) on the dancefloor. Frack decided that Frick needed her uncondtional "you can't punch my brother in the face" support and stepped in. As Frick caught his bearings, Frack stepped back. Pushed from behind, my Sweetie (I mean Frack) landed with all her weight on her wrist on the concrete floor five feet below. 

Was there alcohol involved? Were there Police involved? Was a lesson learned? Has it been discussed? The answer to all of the above is yes. What can I say? Frick 'n Frack are back for the summer and the game has changed. Glass half full? We can finally discuss all of these life changing things as adults. 

For the record? She really was very brave. Just sayin'


4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!!! Well, good luck with all that! And yah, you've gotta laugh about it!

    I hate it when my son drops F-bombs on Facebook. It's just not cool. (says the woman who says feck at the drop of a hat)

    By the way, it was a pleasure to meet your Tony! I was thinking that, unless you're in a hurry for the boat, Dave is coming back in a few weeks. He can easily get the wheels put back on the boat if you like. Save you some hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand the context "da bonb" was used - but there are so many other words in the thesaurus.

    I know, Tony is excited about the boat. He knows your home has been sold, he was just worried that you would sell it to someone else.

    I think it's best that we wait for Dave to return, so that he can talk to Tony about any quirks or tricks she may have, as she's no spring chicken. Pretty sad we bought her so the dogs would have a better view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The f bomb gets a bad wrap. It's just a short form of "For Use of Carnal Knowledge" which came out of an early 17th century British sex trial from the pen of a lazy court reporter. Seriously what's the big f'ing deal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad "wrap" or "rap"??? Either way it fits I suppose.

    ReplyDelete