Friday, August 16, 2013

Trust Me... It Could Be Worse!

Work went completely off the rails. This week we let someone on our team go. Though it was very much an Adios Amigo moment for me,  getting even more shit piled on my coat tail from a 90 day probationary white elephant, was the last thing I needed to have happen.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, I have a pretty sweet job. I speak to tons of people in a week, and (aside from the two or three annually that I wish would burn in hell) 99.9% of them make me smile. Warm and fuzziness aside, pushing through sometimes seems impossible. Today was one of those 'Muskoka summer' days.

In retrospect, I've been emailing back and forth with a colleague all week, and it appears he's generally as tired as I am. He has very small children, is active in coaching minor sports, and has a high pressure job. I honestly have a lot of respect for him. He has a brilliant mind, and an astute business sense; when I think I am having a bad day, I think of him.

I've always said "I'm a hugger!"
If I were living his life instead of mine, I know that every night I would be wearing a dinner jacket.

You know the one...

It's white, with long sleeves, that makes me hug myself really really tight.

Oh, and let's not forget the really cute wrap around belt that comes with ...VERY SEXY!

Seriously, no matter how bad a day I’ve had, I am grateful that I don’t have to arrive home to a boat load of youngins and a list of things to do that's longer than a one armed paper hanger.

Instead, I feel blessed to land home to a canoe full of adults. A very handsome brood that refuses to put a single plate in the dishwasher.

DO NOT get me started!! My volume may wake children that are falling asleep all the way across town. After the week we've had, my colleague deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment