Saturday, February 14, 2015

HAPPY in MEMORY OF MY MAMA DAY

I got up this morn and was at my desk by six.  For the second night in a row, I didn’t sleep very well, so I just got up and at 'em. About an hour in, I checked my email to be greeted by a friendly hello and a “Happy Valentines Day”. Though I instantly greeted them back, I didn’t have the energy to explain why the annual Hallmark frenzy's something I have never really acknowledged.

Around nine, doing my very best bad hair/fuzzy slipper shuffle, I wandered into the kitchen and announced to my husband that I felt the need to Blog about my Mom today; then added, “I guess I should wish you a Happy Valentines Day”. My husband simply hugged me, kissed me on the forehead and no other words were spoken. For us, today has never been anything other than an  In Memory of My Mama Day.

I was four years old when this photo was taken.
Photo is  © yagottalaughaboutit.com
It’s hard to believe that it’s been twenty eight years today since my Mother passed. As I was daydreaming over my coffee before dawn, I remember it was shortly after midnight when my Dad woke and discovered she was gone.

After all of her suffering, my immediate thought (all those years ago) was that it was meant to be.

You see, she was just that stubborn.

If she knew she didn't want to take her journey on Friday the 13th, she'd of dug into her depths and simply refused to let go. That was my Mama. Always in control, never doing anything she didn’t want to!

At my ripe old age of 29, I have come to realize that we are all just a genetic discombobulation of both of our parents. Good traits, bad habits, even mannerisms all relate back to how we are hard wired. That said, not a day goes by that I don't thank my Mother for giving me her Business sense and her gam's. She had the most amazing mind, that was complimented nicely with a great pair of legs and beautiful smile.

Thanks Mom. Today I remember you.... I love and miss you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment