Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Red Leaves of Life

I was coming up from the dock last week and I glanced over that the bright red leaves on this young maple shrub. It’s the middle of July and the leaves are telling me the year is evolving faster than expected. Because my entrepreneurial spirit is in overdrive, I need there to be eight months remaining until December 31st. I realized today that I have to get that many months’ worth of work done in five.

Trust me... A vibrant splash of red is critical in business...
Taken: July 16th, 2014
My mind wanders back to the leaves.

From the time I was a small child, I've always remembered red being my favourite colour. 

I guess some would say it’s because of my olive skin and dark colouring but I think it’s more deeply rooted than that. I think it’s because I was born a leader.

I believe my extensive sales and marketing success has evolved from my passion for analyzing data. I feel like the conductor at the symphony when I am working with hundreds of thousands of cells in Excel. I truly enjoy the process of mapping the journey strategically for a Business (so that the fewest steps are taken to ensure success) then, personally leading them in the most efficient and productive direction to great financial reward.

This time last year, decisions were being made simply because my primary personality colour was red. Those decision makers chose to ignore the obvious; not to mention the provided data. Here’s the deal. The data never lies. A year later, I have to say, I really don't know why I gave a shit.

Nowadays, I am working with amazing people that get it. They understand exactly why the leaves are so green, the boat in the distance is blue, the sun's bright yellow, and that a solid flash of red leaves is critical to a successful Muskoka TEAM.

Lucky ME… My photo, as well as my future, has every single colour covered nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment