Thursday, August 1, 2013

What’s It Going To Be? SALT or SEX?

Holy salt lick Batman!
Taken: July 30th, 2013
Okay, this is really quite funny so I have to share. I should start by mentioning my husband has struggled with high blood pressure for longer than I can remember.

Last night, while we were waiting for David and his girlfriend to arrive for dinner, he decided to make himself a cocktail; a very yummy Caesar to be exact. When I glanced across the kitchen counter I was shocked to see the salt lick Tony had applied to his glass. Being the shy spouse I am, I quietly broached the subject.

"TONY... What don't you understand about staying away from salt with your high blood pressure?" As he looked at me like a kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar I continued; "DUDE! You're going to have a friggin' stroke!!!"

Joking around I grabbed the glass off the counter, picked up my phone, and headed out to the deck. "I'm gong to Blog about this" I announced.

After taking my photo I shuffled back into the cottage. He was laughing declaring that he had slipped with the lemon juice and that he never intended to put so much celery salt on the rim of the glass.

With a great big smile, I had one other announcement to make. "You realize that once your high blood pressure causes you to have a stoke, you're bedridden and wearing a drool bib, that celibacy is not even remotely an option for me right? I handed him his glass back and we both had a good laugh.

Even though our back and forth was all in good fun; sometimes, it's takes something monumental to change a persons thought process. In this instance, I am not sure if it was the drool bib or the threat of not having sex again that hit home. All I can say is that when his cocktail was finished he was proud that he had consumed only about 50% of the salt and left the remainder on the top of the empty glass.

Either way, we're moving in the right direction!



No comments:

Post a Comment