Monday, February 11, 2013

With Toes Tapping & Fingers Snapping

Heading into the city yesterday morning I had the radio blaring; as expected, as soon as I could get reception, I switched the dial to CHFI. (I regularly stream via the television satellite because it really is my favourite station on the FM dial.)

Passing Canada’s Wonderland, one of my favourite songs hit the airwaves. I cranked the radio as loud as I could stand it, and sang each and every word at the top of my lungs. I have no idea how I sounded because the radio was being drown out by the two dogs in the back howling in pain. My glass half full immediately associated my girlz as “backup accompaniment” and I am pleased to report that the three of us finished the song in its entirety as we approached the 401.

What makes music resonate? In this instance:  the instrumental track from the first section of the song was the music used as the one minute intro for my Jr. Silver Freeskate. The summer of 1983, I swear I heard the amazing bass line and horn section three times a day for the entire summer. To this day, it's still one of my very fave songs to shake my booty to.

Back to a song resonating. Maybe it's that we tend to put ourselves out there in the moment and personally envision. Seriously, tell me? What woman wouldn’t want to …♫♪♫ Save a horse… Ride a Cowboy ♫♪♫…? I take my personal commitment seriously. I am a firm believer in making sure the horse population is well taken care of forever in perpetuity! Never did before I heard that particular song. Just sayin'

All kidding aside; I don’t post many videos on here. In this instance, I want you hit play and really to turn in up. If don't tap your toes, or snap your fingers, you need to send me a note. In return, I’ll call 911 for you immediately. 

Why? Because you’ve lost your soul! As an added bonus?!  You’re probably tone deaf!

Giddy UP and ENJOY one of my very favourite songs... And the dogs like it too!



Do you remember the
21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing.
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love,
Remember how we knew love was here to stay

Now December found the love that we shared in September.
Only blue talk and love,
Remember the true love we share today

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days

No comments:

Post a Comment