Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Psychiatrist Told Me I'm Going Crazy….

My psychiatrist told me I'm going crazy.  I told him, 'If you don't mind I'd like a second opinion.'  He said, 'Alright.... You're ugly too!' ~ Rodney Dangerfield

I had a crazy day and it was certainly ugly too!

I'm so relieved that I am home now and resting comfortably, in my custom made, imported, Burberry straight jacket.  Aside from the constant drool pouring down the front of me, I’m lookin’ hot!

Seriously, the only personal insight I can assign to the day I’ve just had?

Ya Gotta Laugh About it!

They always say “when it rains, it pours”. My take on that specific quote is; when the idiotic 'snowball effect' grabs hold of a perfectly great day, I wind up (for lack of a better phrase) emotionally spent.

It started as I led the morning meeting, overflowed into a mid-morning customer melt down, toss in zero-zip for lunch, finally I had to re-read (over and over) a mid-afternoon personal email . Honestly, it's more that.  My long string of 12+ hour days have exasperated my overall personal frustration.

Seriously, the fact that I can’t get out to the cottage is crazy. For crying out loud, my dock is fifteen minutes away from my house. With the amazing weather we're having, the thought that my buttocks isn't firmly planted on said dock is borderline criminal!

Wait, it gets better. The one person that has brought a real sense of normalcy to my insane work life in the last year resigned today. Definitely a very strong member of our team (suffice is to say I tried to talk him out of it). Unfortunately, his mind was already made up. As I folded my cards in defeat, I stated something which I believe to be 100% true.

“A person only ever leaves a job for one of two reason; because they have a shitty boss, or they can make more money elsewhere.”  I’m pleased to report that his reason was the latter. DIRR-PIRR-DIRR buddddd… DIRR-PIRR-DIRR! 


As the sun goes down and my eyes get ready for rest I'll look forward to what tomorrow may offer. Let's hope it's at least lunch!

As I've said a million times before. GREET each new day folks. Life is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment